Designed to prepare educators to implement a high quality service-learning project using tools and strategies from our KIDS As Planners Guidebook. During this workshop participants will have time to plan how to integrate service-learning in to their teaching environment and receive feedback on their ideas. We can work with you to tailor this session around a specific content area (e.g. language arts, STEM) or a theme (e.g. health, environment).
* Prerequisite: Service-Learning Awareness training or equivalent.
Target Audience and Workshop Length:
One-day workshop designed for educators and administrators new to our service-learning model. * (If prerequisite Awareness Training is needed, can be combined to extend training to one and half days to two days)
- Identify a high quality service-learning project
- Create a plan that incorporates service-learning into their teaching environment
- Implement a high quality service-learning project for diverse learners
- Build a collaborative environment in their teaching and learning communities
- Facilitate reflective activities responsive to student learning styles