Designed to provide a general overview of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and how to intentionally integrate SEL into academics. This session will help participants think about what SEL is and how it is important to teach these skills to students when expecting them to collaborate in projects. Participants will look at how to design activities to support intentional connections to SEL outcomes and will be provided with multiple resources to support their development of SEL activities.
Target Audience and Workshop Length:
2.5 hr to full day workshop designed for educators, administrators and community partners wanting to integrate SEL into their work with students.
- Define Social Emotional Learning
- Learn impacts on students
- Learn how to unpack SEL competencies into developmentally appropriate knowledge and skills to teach
- Learn how to intentionally teach SEL knowledge and skills through activities
- Learn a variety of resources that support SEL implementation